I’m honored to accept the One Lovely Blog Award from Silje and Ralph at Homegrown and Homemade. They have great gardening tips and such beautiful pictures of delicious-looking food over there. I particularly love their post on dairy-free crescent-rolls with ways to get kids involved in the cooking process…but I would. Definitely head over and check them out!
Here are the rules/instructions for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
OK, 7 things about me:
1. Saying “I love music” is kind of like saying “I’m human,” but I love music. I love pretty much all music, too, as long as it’s good 🙂
2. I also love TV, so much so that I don’t have a TV sitting out. To watch Netflix I have to get the TV out of a cabinet, plug it in and set it up. This ensures I listen to music (see #1) and get stuff done.
4. I use a paper planner.
5. I try to meditate first thing when I wake up before I open my eyes in bed. Once I’m up, it doesn’t seem to happen…
6. I love gardening, especially growing food. There is such a sense of purposeful, healthy, accomplishment in growing your own food!
7. I’m very sensitive to food texture–one reason I understand all of my picky eaters! 🙂
Here are 15 blogs doing great, beautiful things, sharing cool ideas and useful information:
2. Say What? — Liz has such great information on all things speech and language-related. And I love her picture choices for her posts–they are always so appropriate and funny 🙂
3. Food Made By The Family Cook — I love how you can see how much you accomplish in a day or year when you take the time to notice it and document it. This blog shows how much love and work goes into a family table from the central view of the family cook.
4. Feeding Your Beauty — Great recipes and beautiful pictures. As Larice puts in her tagline on her blog you’ll find: Plant-Based Inspiration for Nourishing Your Inner and Outer Beauty.
5. The Lively Lunchbox–Awesome healthy ideas for lunchboxes!
6. Homestead On Main Street— Learning to live more sustainably and in harmony with the world around us is something I think our modern world needs more of. I love following this family as they work on their homestead on Main Street.
7. Cuppa Sunshine And Sugar — I love Lisa’s Friday Funnies and general attitude towards life. It always makes me smile to read her posts and I have a bunch of her super-easy, delicious recipes bookmarked, too….
8. Cooking With A Wallflower— I love Andrea’s recipes and beautiful photos! This is one of the first blogs I found when I started this blog and I’ve loved watching her site grow, too! Did I mention her photos are beautiful?
9. One Mother To Another— You’ll find parenting stories and ideas and a great general outlook on life and respecting one another.
10. The Holistic Health Diva — I love Fatima’s explanations of Ayurvedic doshas and her mission of healthy living and helping people manage food allergies.
11. The Passionate Learner — Great educational and Montessori-based ideas for kids!
12. No Time But The Present — Songs, poems and meditations on parenting, love and saving the world.
13. Healthy Little Changes — Great recipes and ideas to keep a healthy kitchen going.
And you know, 15 is a lot…that’s a lot to get through already; I think I’m gonna leave it there. Enjoy! Happy reading and discovering!